Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spring Report

The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets from it but what he becomes by it.
John Ruskin

Iris Beauties

The iris were early this year but not as prolific as last year  
This was the first week of April.

Fall Flannel Four Patch

Since Summer is officially here now I am going to review what I got done during the Spring of 2012.  Not as much as I needed to, but some progress was made.  My UFO List has not gotten much attention but I did finish the Fall Flannel Four Patch.  Yeah!!  I had gotten it quilted in January and in May I got the binding done right after I did the Construction Zone quilt for my grandson.  I even attempted to do some staging with the pictures.  Let me know what you think.

Misty isn't impressed with quilts

See the Quilting?

The pantograph I used was Ground Cover.  It is just a nice simple leafy one.

Back of Fall Flannel Four Patch

Here is a better shot of the back.  I didn't have enough of any one fabric left over so I used the extra four patches, made a few more and pieced it.  I might have enough left to make enough four patches for a crib quilt if I added another fabric for the alternate blocks, could easily do that with some of my plaids.  Maybe one day or I might kit it for a charity project.

Rainbow Quilt
Tweety Bird Quilt 


I joined a local group that meets once a month to make quilts for cancer patients and NICU babies.  I found these two cheater panels that I had quilted several years ago and had not bound.  I got the binding on them and donated them.  The binding will be sewn down by others who do not quilt but can do hand work.  The idea is that the future owners of them are prayed over and for as the handwork is done.


The Amaryllis were prolific this year.


I've been keeping a journal log of what I work on.  It helps me realize that I actually DO get some things done.  This quarter I've also done these things.  Pictures will come in due time..
  1. Pieced the center of a crib quilt using the Flip Flop Block template and Safari prints.
  2. Worked on my Iris Circles Quilt.
  3. Cut out and pieced blocks for Zen using batiks. About 2/3s done.
  4. Cut out 4 backings for quilts to longarm.
  5. Cut out and pieced the Carpenter's Star Quilt center.  
  6. Pieced and designed a kid's quilt, all done but borders.
  7. Cut out 3 pastel quilts from same fabrics using the patterns Hint of Tint, Columbine, and Cottage Romance. Two are queen size, one lap.
  8. FOUR  finishes - Construction Zone and Fall Flannel, charity quilts above.
  9. Straightened and Hemmed Leaders on the longarm and added Leader Grips. I need to restitch my casings when I finish the quilt loaded now.  I didn't make them tight enough.
  10. Pieced backing, loaded and quilted a charity quilt.  Not quite finished.  Interrupted by 3 trips out of town. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love to read your comments and get feedback on my ideas!
Please let me know what you think about my posts and projects.
I will respond to your messages as soon as I can.

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...